Last Updated: 25-06-2019
Data That We May Collect
- When you visit our Website or avail of any of our Services, we may collect certain data about you regardless of whether you have signed up, subscribed or are using our Services as a Guest. The type of information that we collect depends on your interaction with us. The data that we collect may include the following:
- Personally Identifiable Information such as but not limited to names, photograph(s), email IDs, phone number, addresses(billing and residential), age, voice, location, payment information, date of birth, medical conditions (such as (without limitation) life-threatening conditions which require special arrangements to be made), personal preferences (such as meal preferences that is required to be known by us to effectively provide you with our Services).
- It is not necessary that you avail of our Services for your own personal use and you may wish to use our Services for any other third party that may include (without limitation) your relatives, colleagues, employees or, any other person or entity. In such an event, you give us your express consent to collect their personally identifiable information through you and you indemnify us from any claims arising from the use/misuse of the same. It is your responsibility to notify them as and when you provide us with this information and seek their acceptance in line with our privacy practices.
- We may also automatically collect certain data about you when you visit our website. This may include without limitation your I.P. Address, usage statistics, log files, cookies, date and time of your visit, your operating system, language settings, website settings, device data, your personal preferences arising out of the use of our Website, browsing preferences, information about links you click, pages and ads that were shown to you, website crashes and other system activity. We may also access your microphone and webcam with your permission.
- We may also collect information related to how you use our Services, including actions you take in your account. You may choose to give us access to your contacts so as to enhance functionality.
- Additionally, we may also receive data about you from other sources. These include affiliates, social media websites, third party email providers, third party payment gateways, third party websites, Channel/Hotel partners/Retreat Partners, and other third parties; and we may combine this information received with the information provided by you to efficiently provide you with our Services and enhance them.
Data Collection Methods
- We collect the data that you provide to us through our Website in the following manner:
- You may provide the data to us through various fill-in forms available on our website.
- Cookies: We may automatically collect and store Cookies on your device to enhance our Website's features. You accept and acknowledge that RetreatsForMe is not liable for any harm caused by any data/software stored by us on your device. We may collect several types of cookies to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use our Services
- Usage Statistics: We may collect usage statistics to understand how well our Website is performing so that we may enhance the UI/UX, look and feel, features and functionality of our Website.
- Third Party Websites: We may collect data about you from third party service providers whom we might integrate within our Website. Our Privacy policies may be distinct from that of such Third-Party websites and you are advised to read the privacy policies of such Third-Party websites yourself. You acknowledge and accept that RetreatsForMe is not liable for any privacy violation and breach of applicable laws by any Third-Party Websites from which RetreatsForMe collects its data about you.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics simply helps us comprehend the reach and effectiveness of our Services and Website. You accept and acknowledge that RetreatsForMe is not liable for any use or misuse of data by Google LLC or Alphabet Inc (including its subsidiaries, permitted assigns) that we may provide to it or that it collects automatically from us. You can read more about how Google uses your personally identifiable information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- We may also collect log files, pixel tags, and other information through any other technologies that we may use to enhance our Website's functionality and accessibility. We will notify and update the technologies and methods used to collect data from time to time.
Use and Storage of Data Collected
- We may control, process and use the data collected
(i). For internal record keeping
(ii). For analytical and product improvement purposes
(iii).For providing you with our Services
(iv). For periodically providing you with promotional emails regarding our Services.
(v). For dealing with your enquiries and requests
(vi). For providing you with information or services that you request from RetreatsForMe or, where you have consented to be contacted, for such purposes which RetreatsForMe believes may interest you.
(vii). For advertising and marketing purposes
(viii). For providing data to our channel partners/hotel partners/retreat partners regarding your interests in their listings on our Website
(ix). For accessing your Social Media Websites
(x). For providing your data to third party Websites to enhance functionality and availability
(xi). To detect, prevent, and investigate fraudulent, other illegal activities and data breaches
(xii). To ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Since the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personally identifiable data necessarily involves the transmission of this information on an international basis as well. We may transfer data across national borders. Your data may be transferred to and processed by other entities, affiliates, channel partner/hotel partner/retreat partner, service partners and provider, and third parties for the following purposes, wherever permitted by local law: to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, to manage your account, to provide functionality, for business operation to monitor compliance with our policies and procedures, to improve our Services, to monitor compliance with law, and for other purposes for which we may notify from time to time.
- We may also share/transfer your data with the Hotel Partner/Retreat Partner that you have booked in order to complete your reservation. In events (without limitation) where you may have an enquiry regarding your retreat/trip we may contact the Retreat Partner and ask them to resolve it. We may also forward your payment details to the Retreat Partner for further handling and processing (such as providing refunds).
- We may also transfer your data to third party service providers. These third-party service providers could be (without limitation) payment gateway facilitators/transaction facilitators/fin-tech entities who may receive your payment information either through direct integration within our website or re-direction through linked website, third party-websites which have been integrated within our Website. These third-party service providers may also provide support services such as but not limited to customer support, market research and fraud detection and prevention services including anti-fraud screening services. We may also share/transfer your personally identifiable data with advertising partners, as part of marketing our Services through third parties so that relevant advertisements are shown to the right audience.
- We use social media websites in different ways. We use it partly to facilitate the use of online retreat reservation services, but also to promote our Retreat Partners'/Hotel Partners' travel-related products and services, as well as to advertise, improve, and facilitate our own Services. You're free not to use the social media features. We also provide you with the functionality/feature to sign into a RetreatsForMe user account with your social media account, which saves you from having to remember different user names and passwords for different online services.
- Your social media provider may share certain information about you such as email address, age, or profile pictures saved in your social media account with RetreatsForMe. We use this information to provide you with the Services requested. We also integrate Social Media Plugins within our Website which means that when you click the pertinent social media button, certain information regarding you is shared/transferred with said social media providers. If you're logged in to your social media account at that time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network. Please note and understand that we have no control over this and you should contact your social media provider to regulate the same.
These third-party websites have their own privacy practices and policies and you are requested to refer to their individual websites for the same. You acknowledge and accept that RetreatsForMe is not liable for any claims, loss or damages arising due to use of misuse of such data by said third-party service providers even if RetreatsForMe has contractually partnered with them for RetreatsForMe's benefit.
- There may be other third-party service providers which host our data and may store the same internationally. Through this Policy you specifically consent to the same. The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. That this data is stored on trusted third-party secured servers and RetreatsForMe is not liable for any claims arising due to use or misuse of such data solely attributable to said Third-Party servers. The data collected by us and provided by you is stored on secure servers in the jurisdiction as mandated by applicable laws.
- We may also transfer your data to our Retreat Partners/Hotel Partners. We may share relevant information with them in order to provide you with appropriate and efficient support and to enable you to enjoy the full spectrum of our Services. RetreatsForMe is not liable for any claims, loss or damage arising due to use of misuse of such data attributable to said Retreat Partners/Hotel Partners/Channel Partners. Our Retreat Partners/Hotel Partners may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information directly to them in which case RetreatsForMe is not liable for any claims, loss or damage arising due to use/misuse of such data/information.
- Additionally, RetreatsForMe may disclose your personally identifiable information where such disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority or by a court order, or as reasonably required for the purposes to enforce this Policy, or protect its or others' rights, property, or safety, or where it is in the public interest to do so.
- For the purposes of this Policy, RetreatsForMe relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personally identifiable data is necessary to administer and perform our Services. If the requisite personally identifiable data is not provided, RetreatsForMe cannot finalize your retreat bookings, nor can we provide you with our customer services. In view of the above-stated uses, we rely on our legitimate commercial business interest to provide and improve our Services. When using personally identifiable data to serve RetreatsForMe or a third party's legitimate interest, we will always strive to/try to balance your rights and interests in the protection of your personally identifiable data along with our rights and interests or those of the third party.
By using our Services, you consent to our Policy. This website and any Services that we provide are meant solely for persons that are either 18 or 18+ years old. For persons younger than 18 years old, the use of any of our Services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. We understand that you may need to provide us with information belonging to persons younger than 18 years old so as to avail our Services, however, you do so at your own legal risk and in such a scenario, the responsibility to seek a valid consent from a guardian or parent shall lie upon you and RetreatsForMe disclaims any and all liability arising from the data/information provided in such an event and you shall indemnify RetreatsForMe for the same. In limited cases so as to provide our Services, we may collect and use information of persons (i.e. under 18 years old) only as provided by the parent or guardian or with their consent and we reserve the right to control, process and delete it in line with our privacy practices and Policy. RetreatsForMe, does not knowingly solicit or maintain personal information pertaining to persons under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact the Grievance Officer mentioned below.
We recognise that you may wish to delete the information provided to us by removing your profile/account from our Website. We shall assist you in doing the same however, we may retain a copy of the information you provide or is collected from you for archival purposes or to comply with any applicable laws.
Right to be Forgotten/Your Rights
If you are a data subject under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access personally identifiable information that we have in our possession and request that it may be corrected, deleted, amended, updated or modified and we shall do so subject to our data retention policies and any applicable laws. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through our Grievance Officer.
Our Security Practices
We are compliant with the reasonable security practices under Information Technology Act 2000 as well as Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011. Additionally, we also implement standard industry best practices to ensure protection to your personally identifiable information.
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Mr. Saksham Chawla (Director)
Address: A-40, First Floor,Rajouri Garden, New Delhi
Contact No: +91-991311320
Email ID: [email protected]
That this Grievance Officer shall also serve as the Data Protection Officer as defined under GDPR.